Thursday, December 17, 2009

Best laser printer for small office. Least amount of toner usage.?

It only needs to be black and white. Must be network capable (not wireless) I bought I Lexmark E120 a few months ago as a replacement and hate it as it eats toner like there is no tomorrow.Best laser printer for small office. Least amount of toner usage.?
I have the best luck with HP printers. For a small office printer, the 2015dn is network ready and works well for us and our clients. I also use a 2015 at home.Best laser printer for small office. Least amount of toner usage.?
How many users total will you have? A network-capable heavy-duty laser can be expensive. You may also run into the problem of several people standing around the printer waiting for a big job to finish. Then if the printer needs repair or is out of toner, the whole office is at a standstill.





You can find a Brother monochrome laser HL-2040 for about $60. These are not network-capable but they are real workhorses. I have 2 of them going on a few years old on which I printed thousands of pages. I bought toner refills on ebay for about $6 each, but you need a $3 part called a resetter in order to refill the toner. I am on the second refill on each. I estimate my cost per page at a fraction of a penny.





If you want something with color, I also have a Samsung CLP300 color laser which I bought at Staples for $80 after $150 rebate. I bought a set of 4 toner cartridges for $70 at http://ccs-digital.com but I am still on the original set. It's also held up nicely for a year and does a nice job.
My lexmark T640 goes through a thing of toner about every 2 months. I print between 1000-1500 pages a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment