Wednesday, December 30, 2009

If I use hair toner for my brassy bangs..?

..Can I achieve platinum blonde bangs so that I can dye them a neon green? Or is toner simply a coat that sits on the hair ? Or does it actually lift the color and keep it this way? Ihad recently bleached my hair 2 weeks ago and it went a brassy blonde. 2 weeks later, I bleached it once again and it only lightened 1 shade. Going to a salon is not an option. Please help ! D:If I use hair toner for my brassy bangs..?
it depends on how brassy it is. if its too brassy, like orange and stuff then a toner may make it more orange. but if its just like yellow with hints of brassiness then a toner will TONE it out, meaning it has violet/purple tones in it that will cancel out the brassy yellow ones, and leave them like that. it doesnt exactly lift color, it cancels color. and just get a light one from sallys, maybe mix it with a 20-30 volume developer. its cheap. then if youre worried about it getting a little brassy over time, just buy shimmer lights shampoo. its purple and will keep your hair platinum. you should be able to get all this for about $15, and if you dont want the shampoo then it'll probably be like $8. good luck :)





btw this worked on my boyfriend, I always dye his hair and his came out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment